2.8.12

Babycat


My favorite colour is Blue, My favorite dish is Mutton and Salad, My choice of Music is Soul; Funk,Hip-Hop and Jazz, I am 5ft. 5ins and of medium build.

My hobbies are writing lyrics, singing and - cooking (my cuisine is A1). My pride ambition-is to be a success in my Music career. I first came into contact with PCRL two years ago when I was seeking guidance in my Music career; whilst perusing this I was asked to cover a programme due to a DJ being ill; and I have never stopped covering that programme since (what a way to start).

Becoming a Radio Broadcaster was something that never entered my mind but when I saw the good PCRL was doing for the community I decided to join the team in the struggle for ethnic freedom of speech. I am a Soul Lady through and through and I take pride in the presentation of my show; I try to do my level best for the Listeners.

PCRL are under strain financially so we try to do as much fund-raising as possible. The DJ's earn their money by playing out at functions which sometimes can be few and far between; a few DJ's join forces and make names for themselves; Myself; Rankin Bev and Angel A are "DEJA'VU". Now that I have just finished a Community ­ Radio Trading Course (CRT) I have decided to stay in Broadcasting for a while; the course was a great experience and indeed a pleasure to do; so I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the organisers of the course for allowing me the chance to further my knowledge in all aspects of Radio Training.

I would love PCRL to get the Broadcasting franchise because it would give other youngsters the chance to go into Broadcasting and take a course similar to mine and get a Certificate at the end of it, this would then enable them to think of greater horizons e.g., TV (the certificate shows that young people can commit to and finish something they began, also it enables them to show confidence in themselves). That is as much as I can tell you for now; but keep supporting PCRL because as they say "A loser never wins and a winner never gives up". We are winners as you know and we'll never give up the fight to give you the people YOUR Radio Station. (Written in 1987 for PCRL Bulletin magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment