2.8.12

Carlo Trees



Star Sign - Capricorn
Place of Birth - St Catherine, Jamaica
Favorite colour - Red
Q. How did you discover P.C.R.L. ?
A. I was introduced to P.C.R.L. by one of my English colleagues at the office, who had been listening to P.C.R.L. with great interest since it started.
Q. What was your first impression of P.C.R.L.
A. Home from home, P.C.R.L. provided me with music that I could  identify with 24hrs a day, another thing that really impressed me was that the D.J. 's, they were really down to earth it was unbelievable they protected community spirit
Q. How did this make you feel?
A. Very proud.
Q. Why did you contact P.C.R.L. ?
A. To suggest to Music Master that they should have a varied business output, away from the general hair, beauty & fashion elements I felt, as a community we had a lot more to offer, and we were proving it very successfully in other sectors.
Q. Were your ideas of any interest to Music Master?
A. Yes, we made an appointment, and I was able to explain in depth the benefits of a Business Information Service. It was decided that I would interject in Music Masters Programme 6.00 - 9.00 pm.  My topics would include "What's New In Bussiness" - "Job Spot."
Q. Who supplied you with the information?
A. I got my information from business contacts and other various avenues.
Q. Besides interjecting in Music Masters programme, did you have the opportunity to present a programme on your own?
A. Yes, I presented a business information programme on Sunday evenings.
Q. Did the programme include music?
A. Yes, mainly soul, Stevie Wonder, Otis Reading, Aretha Franklin etc.
Q. You took a break from P.C.R.L. in 1987 (I don't know why) returning in the middle of 1988 why?
A. To assist Chicken George  in various aspects.
Q. What aspects
A. Discussions & Competitions, of which I thoroughly enjoyed, Then I started covering programmes for other presenters.
Q. What do you find nerve racking concerning P.C.R.L.
A. The mic I never seem to come across the air the way I should.
Q. Your accent, Where did you get that from
A. GLouscester.
Q. So that's why you've a "Her" on the end of the majority of your words... Example Soca pronounced Soakher
A. Yes
Q. Is there anything else you would like to include before we finish this interview
A. Yes, regarding community radio licences I truly hope P.C.R.L. gets the reward they deserve.  Its the First time in this country that its been proven that a group of black people from various walks of life & experiences can get together and organize a media service, that has been copied by both amateur and established radio stations.
Bubbles - "Carlo thanks for the interview".
Carlo - "Hold on Bubbles, I haven't finished",
Carlo - I would like to thank Music Master for giving me the opportunity of working on P.C.R.L. thanks to the presenters for making me feel welcome, even though my accent is totally different from theirs, and a big thank you to our listeners for their support.

(Caros left PCRL in the late 80's)

No comments:

Post a Comment