3.8.12

The 'Up-Front' Crew


Captain Irie
Hi, my name is captain Irie and as most of you know, I am a presenter of P.C.R.L Radio. Anyway a little bit about myself.
I donated my services to P.C.R.L. four years ago (1984), technically speaking, right at the beginning i agreed to work on P.C.R.L. when I was informed on the services such a station would provide. I specialize in Reggae music but also play Soul. As a presenter on P.C.R.L. I had to give the necessary music and information to the community which cannot be obtained elsewhere, but is very much' required.
Sincere thanks to all my family, friends and loved ones, not forgetting all our devoted listeners.
Remember: P.C.R.L. needs the community as much as the community needs P.C.R.L.


Pedro lrie
Hi there folks, Pedro lrie here, so here's a little about myself and P.C.R.L.
At that time we had no radio experience just sound system work as an M.C. (toasting). After starting on P.C.R.L. I then realized that there where a lot of talented youth's and singers, DJ's, and sound system, etc., that couldn't get any air play. Now with P.C.R.L.. the peoples' radio, we have the opportunity to help the talented in any profession to get recognized and also at the same time please the listeners with what they really want to hear.

Also, being on P.C.R.L. helped to open my mind to the media, so now I've gone a step further to promote the talented with promotional musical videos, of which I am studying.many thanks to the listeners for their support through out our struggle, through the years.
To all artists for your support also to my family for supporting me. Most of all NUFF Respect to all Brethrins and sistrins of P.C.R.L.
Thanks


Captain Smiley
Hi Folks! I started with P.C.R.L. a I'm Captain Smiley from month after it began in your favorite Community may 1985 with Captain Radio Station P.C.R.L. I've been a presenter on P.C.R.L. approximately two years. I'd like to thank all P.C.R.L. presenters having me join such a useful and very enjoyable campaign, also thank the community for supporting the station in the past.

Yes I'm the cheat who tackles the community on Saturday's from 12.00am till 2.00pm with the well known Yes/No competition and also gave you the best in Lovers Rock on Thursday's between the hours of 1.00 pm to 3.00am.

Please keep giving your full support to get the station legalized as we truly deserve. And we'll give you all the satisfaction you require.
Yours faithfully, Captain

Bucket Irie
Hi, I'm Bucket lrie, I first came to P.C.R.L. with my good friends Captain and Pedro lrie. The first time we went on air we called ourselves the "Upfront Crew". Since that day we have devoted ourselves to P.C.R.L. Radio as DJ's and listeners.

I enjoy playing music, and I enjoy catering for the black community, being a radio DJ for P.C.R.L. has made me realize how much we need a community radio, as it helps our community to find out what's happening, different functions and general get together where black and white people can go and enjoy themselves together , this is the type of community that we need.

P.C.R.L. radio has been broadcasting for four years and we have built up a special relationship with the community and a certain respect that usually takes years of hard work.
Also in the four years of broadcasting P.C.R.L. has been fighting for a license, and we hope to obtain a licence not just for ourselves, but foremost for the community.We have done many functions over the years, especially functions for local and national charities.

P.C.R.L. still needs your help and support, if we are to get legalized. "Help us to help you."
I'd like to thank Music Master (Cecil Morris) for having confidence in me, also thanks to all my listeners for encouraging me to go on, my parents and my girlfriend for the love and faith.
We will be back.
Bye.

Audio from Pirate Achieve:
Upfront Crew 20-09-86
Uprfront + Kenny B (15-03-86)

No comments:

Post a Comment